We are looking for experienced and flexible Carpenters to work on a freelance or permanent basis in our workshop, and onsite to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications.
This role is fast paced, so requires someone who works well under pressure, with good communication skills.
You will have great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
- Read drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material according to measurements and design
- Build by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Previous experience with Shop Fitting, Exhibitions, Shop Fronts, Shop Fitting, Joinery, Workshop or Furniture
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Good knowledge of wood properties and materials
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic maths
- Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is an advantage