Director of Manufacturing
Job Title: Director of Manufacturing
Reports to: Setsquare Board
The Director of Manufacturing will drive continuous improvement and ensure we are providing the highest level of quality by utilising the most efficient methods. Reporting into the Setsquare Board, this role will strive to Improve quality, performance and eliminate waste, improve process efficiency, and instruct others in continuous improvement tools and Lean principles. This role will seek to actively identify opportunities for improvement and recommend strategic, measurable, and sustainable solutions by possessing an action-oriented and collaborative mindset, while seeking out new tools and techniques. This position requires a demonstrated track record of forming productive, trust-based relationship with colleagues at all levels.
- Provide leadership in developing the overall continuous improvement plan in alignment with company vision
- Guide the effective application and integration of Lean implementation and process improvements techniques across the production line
- Create and implement best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Design and Implement techniques to optimise, use of space, equipment, material and personnel
- Highlighting deficiencies and identify risks, recommending changes in training, and working practices
- Research, test, implement and champion systems to improve efficiencies
- Work closely with internal and external key stakeholders, to engage and to solve problems
- Plan, assign and measure progress to meet project needs, priorities and deadlines
- Benchmark best practices and interface with other departments regarding knowledge sharing
- Develop workflows and forms that accurately reflect internal services and processes
- Effectively manage all projects ensuring they meet both business and technical objectives
- Ensure all health, safety, and environment regulatory policies and procedures are always implemented and maintained.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills – track record of communicating across various levels of an organisation
- Possess a thorough knowledge of operations metrics for cost, quality, continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience in implementing process and improvement techniques
- Demonstrated experience promoting and enabling change within an organization
- Strong project management skills.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE