We are looking for a dynamic and proactive Executive Assistant who wants to be part of an exciting adventure! We are re-positioning ourselves after having organically grown over the past 25 years, and recently invested in horizontal growth…it’s an exciting time for us all to embark on our new journey!
About the role
Reporting into the MD, this incredibly fast-moving role and business will require a versatile, creative forward thinker who can support in all traditional PA duties as well as support on multiple projects and process implementation. This hands-on role would suit someone with great initiative, who can think outside the box, who is a strong multi tasker and able to juggle competing challenges every day.
- Project managing and coordinating physical office changes, ensuring minimal disruption to business activities, ensuring timely, accurate and cost-effective delivery
- Coordinating, planning and overseeing all essential office services, including mail, recycling, stationary, meeting rooms, and catering
- Liaising with Maintenance Manager on any office issues that need to be fixed
- Developing and managing office budgets in relation to these activities
- Arranging all scheduling, including but not limited to client meetings, candidate interviews, business development meetings, internal meetings
- Creating a Setsquare guide to the office with useful information for staff on how the office runs and where to go for support
- Managing a complex calendar and prioritising meetings/calls as necessary
- Performing additional administrative support activities including but not limited to, fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, event coordination, minute taking and circulation, and other ad-hoc administrative duties as requested
- Prioritising conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressure
- Proactively coordinating change management activities
- Organising office engagement events in line with HR
- Support the design, development, delivery of key compliance policies
- Monitor MD emails
- Champion all staff systems
- Assisting with onboarding exercise for new starters, carrying out office inductions, processing request to IT accounts and collating welcome packs and ensuring desk set ups are ready for the new employee.
A minimum of three years as an EA at the executive level, preferably within a start-up environment. Good organisational skills with commercial business intelligence. Project management experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You will need to be able to think on their feet, take ownership of problems and drive forward practical solutions at pace
- Excellent IT skills: Excel and PowerPoint in particular. Visio, Microsoft Planner are a plus.
- Strong logical thinking and the ability to troubleshoot any kind of problem, and apply context to assess priority
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with the business at all levels
- Agile, ambitious and willingness to grow
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Attention to detail