Job Title: CAD Draftsperson, specialising in workshop construction drawings
Reports to: Works Manager
The Technical CAD Drafter produces accurate construction drawings for use by the workshop and the CNC department, working closely with the Production department.
Experience of working with workshop construction drawings and to tight deadlines is a key expectation of this role.
You will be an experienced AutoCAD Draftsperson with a background of exhibition & set, shopfitting and point of sale.
- Producing construction drawings for use on the workshop floor and by third party manufacturers
- Producing layout drawings for use by CNC department
- Producing comprehensive layout drawings and full drawing packs for use onsite
- Produce drawings that specify the correct materials
- Working knowledge of a variety of materials we may use in production of our projects
- Manage the labelling and issuing of drawings within the system
- Participate in meetings and discuss your creative.
- Working closely with Production Department in the development of pre-designed and conceptual projects
- Attending site/production meetings
- The ability to recce site locations and draw in AutoCAD
- Participation in the follow up debriefs after event
- Strong client focus with a passion for delivery
- Self-starter, able to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Adaptability, flexibility and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organisation and planning skills whist working with crew, colleagues and clients
- Ability to anticipate and resolve last minute problems quickly and pragmatically
- Computer literate with the ability to learn and assimilate new software
- Highly skilled in AutoCAD 2D/3D
- Experience in Solidworks, SketchUp, Rhino & Photoshop Adobe Illustrator would be a bonus
- All round Microsoft experience (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Experience in application of materials
- Experience of working with workshop construction drawings
- Strong working knowledge of exhibition & set, shopfitting and point of sale.