Health & Safety Advisor
The Health and Safety Advisor works closely with the Projects Team to create and assist Project Managers to develop project specific method statements. This position ensures that Risk is properly considered during the Design Phase and appropriate controls are identified to ensure safety on site. The Health & Safety Advisor will also ensure that a safety culture is embedded and the correct protocols are followed. Additionally, the role will support the health and safety practices in the workshop (EN1090 experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be given).
- Support Project Managers by both assisting with and carrying out project specific risk assessment and developing project specific method statements
- Support Project Managers with design risk assessments and the development of project specific information for sharing with other designers, contractors and clients/venues and relevant third parties
- Provide knowledge and guidance to Project Managers when Setsquare are listed as the principal contractor
- Devise and implement a Project Safety Development programme for all the Project Managers to build skills and knowledge relating to design risk assessment
- Identifying areas of risk associated with project designs and communicating these to the Project Managers
- Develop and maintain a risk register for onsite hazards
- Support Senior Workshop Manager to manage the Workshop Health and Safety
- Prepare site packs and record them on return
- Ensuring appropriate controls are considered throughout the project from inception through to onsite
- Identify supply chain information that is relevant and required
- Provide advice and recommend solutions to hazards identified by design risk assessment ensuring control measures are fully integrated in to the delivery of the project
- Work with other relevant external health and safety consultants to maintain safe working practices in the workshop
- Maintain the company’s BSI Certification to ISO45001
- Communication with structural engineers where necessary
- Compilation of directory of standards that Setsquare is required to adhere to relating to on site health and safety.
- Experience of the live event industry, in particular the Production Services sector covering corporate events, product launches/activations, exhibitions, conference / conventions, theatre, film & TV
- Experienced with health and safety principals to include NEBOSH General Certificate
- Knowledge of relevant technical standards, industry practices and sector-specific guidance.
- Ability to be able to prioritise workload
- Ability to be able to explain health and safety principles clearly to staff.