Logistics Executive (Crew & Travel)
The Logistics Executive – Crew and Travel holds a key position in sourcing, booking and managing Crew for all onsite events and workshop-based activities. The job holder is also responsible for travel arrangements which include the booking of flights, accommodation and other requirements within the UK and worldwide. It is a busy role in a fast-paced environment where last-minute changes are the norm, and as such, requires a high degree of resilience, organisation and ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Overall management of the booking of Freelance Crew for onsite events
- Liaise with Project Managers and Account Directors on crewing requirements
- Ensure the correct Freelance Crew are booked for each event by matching the job requirements with individual skills and qualifications
- Support the Workshop Manager in booking Freelance Crew for the workshop
- Book local crew for onsite events and workshop
- Maintain and keep the Crew Booking system up to date to ensure an accurate reflection of confirmed events, crew requirements, crew availability and shift allocation
- Maintain and manage an up to date record of all relevant documents, agreements, qualifications and personal data relating to Freelance Crew
- Organise national and international travel arrangements for Freelance Crew and staff
- Communicate travel and crew schedules internally and externally, as required
- Manage any ad-hoc travel or crew situations and coordinate solutions with the relevant teams
- Provide security lists as required and facilitate venue access requests
- Raise purchase orders, as required
- Allocate crew uniforms
- Maintain excellent relationships with Freelance Crew
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Attend operational and production meetings as and when required
- Work closely with the wider Logistics Team to ensure the department’s targets are met and an overall smooth running of Logistics across the Group
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Head of Logistics
- Provide out of hours point of contact for Crew.
- Significant experience in a fast-paced administrative role
- Experience gained in a similar crew booking role advantageous
- Production/Event Management experience preferred
- Experience of working in a busy warehouse-style environment.
- Exceptional administrative skills
- Works effectively under pressure, giving clear direction during tight delivery timeframes
- Manages multiple priorities
- High attention to detail
- Can work autonomously
- Communicates well with clients, venues and 3rd party suppliers
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, team player
- Computer literate with the ability to learn and assimilate new software
- Hands-on approach, willing to exert additional effort to ensure every event is delivered to Setsquare’s highest standards
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strategic planning abilities.
- The job holder will be required to work some early mornings and evenings as dictated by operational demands.